Students go medieval at the Renaissance Faire

by Camille Principe, reporter

Every year, students from Jim Thorpe Area High School attend the Renaissance Faire. To attend, students have to either be in AP English or in History Club. This year, the Renaissance Faire was held on Thursday, October 16 at the Mount Hope Estate in Manheim, Pennsylvania. Renaissance Faire is a different way to learn things about history, while having fun.

Ava Lowin, a junior said, “I’ve never gone to the Renaissance Faire, but I wanted to. I would’ve gone for the food.”

Renaissance Faire has many activities for students to enjoy. They are fun and teach you more about the lives of people from these times.

“At the Renaissance Faire, I rode an elephant, ate food, and watched jousting. It was a really fun day,” said Meghann Principe, a junior.

Students enjoyed attending the Renaissance Faire. It allowed students to learn about the past, but instead of reading about it, they lived it.

Sierra Keegan, a senior said, “ I think it is a great field trip to go on. It’s a good chance for students to learn things they wouldn’t normally pay attention to while reading it in a book, and it’s also fun.  It’s a good way for students to be outside of school and still learn about history in new and exciting ways.”

Students go to the Renaissance Faire because they hear about it from other people. Some hear it from their friends, some from teachers, and some from their older siblings. Everyone tells them that they had a great time.

“Some of my friends had gone to the Renaissance Faire before I had. They told me it was a lot of fun, and that I should go,” said Ilse Hassler, a junior.

Renaissance Faire is a great way to expand your knowledge on the past and have a fun day doing that. They have great food and fun activities for students to participate.

About the Author

cprincipe
My name is Camille Principe. I am a sophomore and I am on the soccer and track and field teams. I am involved in history club, pep club, and student council.

Be the first to comment on "Students go medieval at the Renaissance Faire"