Winner’s Circle

Lesley Destefano: Cheerleading, Cross Country

For the past four years of high school, senior Lesley Destefano has cheered for Jim Thorpe, providing the pep the teams need to win. As of this year, she has joined cross country and keeps busy with other extracurricular activities.

Lesley started cheering her freshman year. She became a varsity cheerleader as a  junior taking a position as a base, a girl who lifts flyers into the air for stunts. As a senior, Lesley has joined cross country.

When asked about cross country she stated, “When running for cross country I always try harder to beat my previous time.”

Other than cheer and cross country, Lesley participates in extracurricular activities. She is involved with S.A.D.D., peer helpers, takes part in the school musical, is in ski club, and volunteers at Compassionate Care in East Stroudsburg. When not participating in sports, Lesley is still active in school and the community.

When asked who her role model is, she said her parents. She chose them because “they always support me and cheer me on with all of what I’m involved with, they alsopush me in school. My parents are always there. they are supportive and loving. I wouldn’t be who I was if it wasn’t for them. I want to grow up and be like them and i really want to make them proud.”

After graduating from Jim Thorpe, Lesley plans on attending one of her four choices for college and becoming a Physicians Assistant. She is also planning on joining the swim team in college.

Be the first to comment on "Winner’s Circle"