Thanksgiving

by Ryan Carroll, reporter

Thanksgiving is a holiday where people gather to give thanks for what they have and to enjoy time with their family and friends. Thanksgiving dinner traditionally consists of turkey, stuffing, potatoes, corn, and other vegetables. However, some people do not always stick to the tradition and enjoy other items during their Thanksgiving meal. Thanksgiving fell on Thursday, November 27th this year.

“My favorite part of Thanksgiving is eating turkey and watching the football games with everyone in my family,” said senior Jonathan Ulshafer.

Every year there is football games that are traditionally played on Thanksgiving. Many people enjoy watching the football games either after or before eating their meals.

“Every year all of my family gathers together at my grandmother’s house and we eat our Thanksgiving meal,” said sophomore Brendan Carroll when asked how he will be spending his Thanksgiving holiday.

The first celebration of Thanksgiving dates back to Plymouth in 1621 when the Pilgrims celebrated a good harvest by feasting and  giving thanks for having a successful harvest.

“My favorite things to eat on Thanksgiving are turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, and for dessert, I like to eat apple pie and ice cream,” said senior David Everitt.

About the Author

ryanc23
My name is Ryan, I'm 17 years old. I am currently a senior in high school. I enjoy playing sports, listening to music, and hanging out with my friends. My favorite sports are basketball and football.

Be the first to comment on "Thanksgiving"