Track and field

With the spring season right around the corner, the athletes of Jim Thorpe Track and Field are gearing up for what they hope will be a successful season.

Workouts have already been underway since December, so the program has been able to see the arrival of many freshmen, and even students from other grades joining for their first time this year. Athletes have been working since December, making them stronger and faster. There have also been some setbacks with injuries, but the athletes have been resting and repairing their bodies for the upcoming season.

“I feel like this season is going to be really interesting especially with so many newcomers. This season should be the season that we’re ready to excel especially all the seniors. I know I’m ready to excel. With my concussion I’ll be missing a lot of the season, but I know that I can work 100 x’s harder when I return and I’ll expect our team to be accepting of that and make it far this season. I believe we have the depth and determination,” says sophomore, Robbyn Loyd.

Not only are there many newcomers but also many returning members.  This season will see an enormous amount of talent from these returners because of their dedication, skill and know-how of the sport.

Junior, and returning member, Ava Lowin stated, “I’m very excited for this season. I know that I and a lot of my teammates have been working very hard during winter track to prepare for this spring track season. We have a lot of talent this year so I’m excited to see how people use it to succeed.”

Many people also use track to stay in shape, but find that it is a great sport, there are amazing people to participate with, and it is just a lot of fun.

“I’m looking forward to this season and to get in shape. I’m excited to do the workout of this spring season and do even better this season. I’m looking forward to seeing how my team does this year. Let’s see how it goes,” says junior, Nicole Suabadissen.

Screen Shot 2015-03-19 at 8.54.58 AM

Be the first to comment on "Track and field"