The harmony is real

by David Bowen, reporter

Jim Thorpe Chorus has started back up again, so come to the band room for an awesome time!

Chorus has just started up for the ‘15-‘16 school year, and right out of the gate, they are on fire! Everyone in the group is super psyched about it!

Mrs. Marciante, the Chorus director, has some expectations, “I am so excited about the group as a whole this year! We have a lot of raw talent, which is fantastic, and a lot of commitment, which is incredibly awesome. We’re upping our game in the quality department as well, so my expectations are getting higher.”

When assigned their parts, the separate vocal groups may sound odd alone, but when it all comes together, it’s like a perfect puzzle fitting in place. The harmony is certainly real. From what the members and director have been saying so far, this is one of the best years for Chorus.

“When Chorus is in the morning, it just makes me so happy, and I can’t stop singing the rest of the day,” said Sarah Rosenberger, a Freshman. The same can be said for most of the members. The harmony of the group when singing in unison is just so uplifting.

Chorus is definitely becoming more popular over the years. The number of students in the group has grown astoundingly since last year.

“…I can see the group continuing to augment to about seventy-five to eighty-five students, which would be perfect, although I would gladly take more,” said Mrs. Marciante. Chorus already does have a lot of members, and the number is still increasing. It’s wonderful to see that so many people can come together to form one amazing voice.

The group members are all excited about the new year. They will be once again performing with Penn State University’s Choirs as well. That was an inspiring performance last year, and it most likely will be even better this year. Mrs. Marciante is to thank for all of this. The group would be quite lost without her. Here’s to a great new year in Chorus!

Be the first to comment on "The harmony is real"