The 2016 election

by Shawn Stubaus, Reporterunknown

This election was one of the most confusing in history, with Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton, as the two candidates. It was a rocky election. Both did a great job in the end, but only one can win. When Donald Trump was announced as president, many people had strong reactions. Hillary Clinton supporters were crying; they were truly upset. On the other hand, Trump supporters were overjoyed with him winning the election.

“I’m glad Trump won, I feel he will be a better president than Clinton,” Shane Meckes said.

The election was heated both in and out of school. Both teachers and students would discuss who would be the best next president. It seemed that most of the teachers wanted Clinton to be president.

“I hope Trump does make a difference, but I don’t know what to believe at this point,” Mrs. Butchko said.

Even though only a small percentage of the students in the high school can vote, most students still had strong thoughts  on the election. The high school took place in a mock election, where Trump came out the winner. It seemed most of the students wanted Trump to win. The mock election results were close though; both candidate had a good chance to win.

Be the first to comment on "The 2016 election"