Motivational quotes inspire good classroom ethics

by Carol Keefer, Reporter

By reading a motivational quote or passage, a student can be inspired to perform better in an academic setting, as well as in an athletic setting.

I believe inspirational quotes can challenge students and help them see potential in themselves that they did not see on their own,” said Señorita Tripler, a spanish teacher at JTHS.

By reading a powerful message, freshman Victoria DeFazio was inspired to work hard in her classes and by doing so, she achieved the class rank of two.

“A few years ago, I read a quote from Brian Tracy that read, ‘Goals are the fuel in the furnace of achievement.’ That quote really spoke to me because it made me realize that to keep my academic success up and get into a good college, I’d have to work hard in all of my classes. I realized that I would have to study hard and take good notes in order to prepare myself for the tests that would ensue. This simple quote alone has changed my entire perspective on how to achieve success in the academic world.”

In fact, Señorita Tripler believes that messages given to a student from a teacher hold more value in a student’s mind than a message from a third party.

More than quotes from a third party, I believe inspirational messages written directly to a student from a teacher can transform a student who is ready to hear positive encouragement or reinforcement from a person they value and look up to.  I believe the right words spoken at the right time can change who we are and who we become,” said Señorita Tripler.

While it may not be significant enough to notice, inspirational quotes truly do help students achieve academic and physical success, and they help make dreams become a reality.

About the Author

Carol Keefer
Carol Keefer, 16, lives in Albrightsville, Pennsylvania, and is a junior at Jim Thorpe Area Senior High School. She enjoys writing, singing, skiing and running. If she’s not at school, you can find her at Big Boulder Park during the winter season. She is involved in The Flame, The Olympiad, History Club, concert band, Envirothon, and cheerleading. Carol plans on attending Temple University in the future and majoring in primary education as an English teacher.

Be the first to comment on "Motivational quotes inspire good classroom ethics"