Tips for staying organized this semester

by Alexis Hill, Reporter

How organized are you? As you read this question, you’re probably cringing at the thought of your locker, notebooks, and binders. It’s hard to stay organized in high school with so many classes and so much going on every day. Luckily, it’s a new semester: a new beginning. It’s time to throw out those old habits and start fresh.

“I stay organized by having a folder and book/binder for each class. I make sure each is different colors or designs so I don’t mix them up. I also make sure that I keep my folders neat so that I don’t have to constantly organize them and whatever I need is right in front of me,” says Stephanie Dykas. “Also, ALWAYS, and I mean ALWAYS, keep your locker organized. Have the least amount of items in their as possible. You can keep track of everything and it’s not all cluttered that way.”

As hard as it is for students to keep up with work and stay organized, teachers seem to have come up with their own tips and tricks as well. After all, they have to handle the work we hand in, along with hundreds of other students’ work.

“I try to stay organized. All of my stuff is contained in binders and I keep tabs for every class. I pretty much know where everything is. Organization is important and I try my best,” says Mr.Lee, the AP European teacher at the high school.  

Now let’s admit it, students and teachers both have it pretty hard when it comes to organization, but seniors do not only have to worry about their work in school. Seniors have to worry about scholarships, college applications, college essays, extracurricular activities for college applications, and most importantly, saving up enough to pay for college. I asked a Jim Thorpe Area High School Senior for her thoughts on staying organized in this important step in her life.

“One thing to do is sign up for tests such as the ACTs and the SATs. Make sure you have those done and out of the way. Get them done early so if you have to re-do them, you can. Also, keep an eye out for scholarships and different things you can do to help pay for the college of your choice. Make sure you really focus on your schoolwork ad choose classes your senior year that relate most to your major. I also like to keep a folder in my emails for anything college related,” said high school senior Dana Rodriguez.

Staying organized is hard to do when you’re a teenager. There’s a lot of different tips and tricks, but no matter what, the most important is to put in the effort. Your locker isn’t going to clean itself and that folder filled with a variety of papers isn’t going to re-arrange itself. Take a few minutes out of your day to look over these tips and create a system that works for you.

Be the first to comment on "Tips for staying organized this semester"