The Old Jail and ghost tours

Halloween is a spooky time of the year. People love dressing up for the holiday and going to scary places like haunted houses, or ghost tours. The Old Jail in Jim Thorpe, Pennsylvania, is a fun place to go if people like ghost tours. Around Halloween, locals, or tourists, go on the tours in The Old Jail.

“It was ok. I thought it could have been a bigger tour, did not encounter any ghosts,” says Mary Megna, a parent at the JTHS. It mostly depends on if people get scared easily or if people enjoy scary things, like ghost tours.

“I thought it was scary, although I did not see any ghosts,” Victoria Defazio said, a sophomore at JTHS.

Some people think ghost tours are scary and so, do not go to them.

“I would not like to go on a ghost tour, because scary things just aren’t for me,” says Emily Summers, a sophomore at JTHS.

Some enjoy ghost tours because they can be thrilling for anyone who likes scary things, or if people are bored and want to do something scary, then they can go on a ghost tour and hope to find a ghost.

“I enjoyed the ghost tour, it was a nice night out with friends,” Megna said.

People who have already been on a ghost tour loved it so much that they would go to another one. Some may just want to go again to see if they could catch any ghosts.

“I definitely would want to go on another ghost tour, maybe somewhere out of the state of Pennsylvania,” says Lauren Gaudio, a sophomore at JTHS.

Halloween is a thrilling time for ghost tours. Around Halloween is when most ghost tours are because of how scary it can be. The Old Jail in Jim Thorpe, Pennsylvania, is a great nearby place to go for Halloween.

“Halloween is personally one of my favorite holidays, I love dressing up because you can be anything you want,” says Angela Bosco, a sophomore at Jim Thorpe High School.

The Old Jail has twenty seven jail cells and includes a basement with dungeon cells that were used for solitary confinement until 1980.

Be the first to comment on "The Old Jail and ghost tours"