Olympian baseball

by Kelli Ohl, reporter

The Jim Thorpe boy’s baseball team is walking into Spring preparing for a successful season. Not perfect but enough to be proud of, the boys are determined and seem they want to show what they are capable of doing. They are trying to improve what they can and end the season well.

“I think we don’t slack, even after we lose we don’t bring the losing energy into our next game. We also show lots of effort and put our best into a good game and practice,” said sophmore Michael Daughtery, a player for the team.

The team’s record is 3-4. Today, April 10th, the varsity team is playing away at Lehighton and the JV team will be playing at home. The team is very excited for the game and are willing to show their best abilities tonight. The team has won against, Notre Dame, Pine Grove, and Weatherly High School.

“I think my teammates and I concentrate on what we could have done better after a loss. Although it is upsetting, the loss teaches us how we can expand on what we can make better and how to improve for more wins later on in our future games,” Daughtery says.

Only after four losses, the team still tries to bring better and more determined progress to the field. The game taking place at Lehighton tonight will be at 4:30. The Indians seem to be the boy’s rival. They expect it to be a good game and to give the good effort that needs to be shown.

About the Author

kelohl10
Kelli Ohl, is a freshman attending Jim Thorpe Area High School. She is 15 years old, and lives in Jim Thorpe. She is involved in the Jim Thorpe girls basketball team and enjoys being apart of it. When Kelli becomes older she would like to help people with any bad position they are in, such as a therapist of any sort.

Be the first to comment on "Olympian baseball"