What is SADD?

by Sam Gilkes, reporter

By now, most students have heard of SADD: Students Against Destructive Decisions. But do most students actually know what SADD is and what it does? Some might say that SADD is just a group that tells students not to drink and drive and nothing more, or that they are that group of people who seem to always be raising money for something. What they do not know is that SADD is much more. SADD president Nikki Mergel explains her organization further:

Mergel says, “SADD is a student-driven organization that helps give awareness to other students about drugs and alcohol. They show the dangers and bad morality that come along with harmful substances.”

Not only that, they also volunteer on occasion, as well. Last year, some SADD members decided to group together and clean cigarette butts off of the school property.

A student can become involved with SADD by seeing the advisor, Mrs. Adams. They can also speak to the officers, like Josiah Behrens and Nikki Mergel. By attending the meetings and becoming involved with their activities, students can better themselves against bad decisions and learn to stand firm in decision making. Truly, these kids are Students Against Destructive Decisions.

About the Author

Samuel Gilkes
My name is Samuel Gilkes. I was born in Nassau, Bahamas on January 10th, 1997, currently making me 18 years old. I enjoy watching movies and playing video games.

Be the first to comment on "What is SADD?"