Temple bound

by Shane Snisky, reporter

Senior Jonathan Condly has been running cross country for six years. Including four years at Jim Thorpe High School. He has made Districts all four years of high school and has made it to States his junior and senior years.

“As an underclassman it was always my goal to make it to states, so I practiced hard for it and accomplished what I wanted to do,” said John.

Because of John’s hard work and dedication he has recently been offered a partial scholarship to Temple University. He will be one of the two incoming freshman runners and a part of the eight person team. John’s hard work is not only done during cross country season, he is also a member of NHS (National Honors Society) and Spanish National Honor Society as well.

“Running is important to me and I have made a life around it, but my academics are the most important thing to me and they are what comes first.”

Being a part of the cross country team at Temple and being able to study the major that he wants to at the same time, while still being close to home is an amazing opportunity that John wants to take.

Be the first to comment on "Temple bound"