Volleyball Tournament Recap

by Sophie Monboussin, reporter

This year’s volleyball tournament was again a big hit. Held on a half-day, all teams were still able to play two games chance for everyone to play.

All students seemed to have a good time as they set, spiked, and bumped. When asked how she liked the volleyball tournament, Ava Lowin, a junior, stated, “The volleyball tournament is always really fun. It’s nice to just hang out with your friends all day and not have to go to classes. Even if you don’t make it far in the tournament, you can watch all the other teams play which is fun.”

A couple of the teams in the tournament went on a great run. It seemed like the Channel 4 News Team, Money Team, Faculty, and Team Blackout won enough to make it into the final four. Faculty easily won their semi final to advance, while Team Blackout handled the Money Team to also advance. However, losing in the final, Alex Steigerwalt, a senior, says “It was the most fun in my four years in the tournament. Congratulations to student council for making it great. We couldn’t have won without our coach, Devin Cecil. So a special thanks to him and everyone else who made it a great tournament.”

Many students have participated in the volleyball tournament since their freshman year. It is something that many look forward to every year as a fun way to end school before Christmas break. “The volleyball tournament is something I look forward to every year. It’s a great thing right before Christmas. I had to miss it one year because I had broke my finger at a basketball game the day before. I participated in it every year since freshman year and I look forward to doing it my senior year,” said junior, Justin Nocelli.

Be the first to comment on "Volleyball Tournament Recap"