Teen TV

by Cassity Dixon, reporter

In today’s world, TV is a big part of teens’ lives. There are many ways to watch TV now, and many new shows targeted for this age group. TV shows for teens include lots of gore, the supernatural, comedy, and of course, lots and lots of drama.

Thanks to the technology of today’s world, there are many ways to watch TV. Hulu Plus, Amazon Prime, and cable are some of the more popular ways to keep up on your favorite shows. Netflix is a huge hit with people across the country, especially teenagers.

“Netflix has changed the way I watch TV by allowing me to watch episode after episode of a show,” says freshman, Dominique Harris (freshman).

Some teens will watch their favorite shows on a weekly basis. Depending on what night the show airs, teens will sit down to watch the latest episode. Shows today often have online websites where fans can chat with each other or watch the cast talk about the new episode. The Vampire Diaries, a show that aired in 2009 and is currently on its sixth season, has a program called “The Vampire Diaries Rehash,” where cast member Arielle Kebbel talks about the latest episode. Fans all over tune into watch this video and tweet to her for the segment.

“My friends usually introduce me to the new shows I watch,” says Lilly Snyder (junior).

A lot of teens will look for recommendations from friends. Their friends will know exactly what they will like. Other teens have certain qualities they look for in TV series. Kayla Sompel (junior), Alexa Romanchik (freshman), and Alex McGinley (freshman) all agree that that look for more drama-filled shows. Thomas Hudock (freshman) prefers more gory shows. It all depends on their interests, but one thing is for sure: the wide variety of TV series helps to provide the ideal shows for all teenagers.

Some of the most popular shows out there are targeted towards teens from ages thirteen to nineteen. The Walking Dead has a viewership of 17.3 million, thanks in great part to teenagers across the world. Pretty Little Liars has a steady average of 2.5 million viewers. TV is a big pastime for teens everywhere. Everyday thousands upon millions of teens sit down to watch their favorite shows whether it is on Netflix or cable. Without TV, teens’ lives and even daily routines would be drastically different.

Be the first to comment on "Teen TV"