Football Friday

by Jacob Holt, reporter

What is football? Some say football is just another sport. Some say it is just a game.To the players of the sport, it is life. Football has been enjoyed by Americans every since it first appeared. The result of most people enjoying either playing or watching football is that schools all across America would get their own football leagues. Jim Thorpe is no exception. Football is taken seriously in Jim Thorpe, especially the high school team. The team is made of the high school’s finest athletes. They have only had four games so far, but all were successes with the score against minersville being 42-8, with the win for Jim Thorpe. Also, their away game against Shenandoah, being 52-14. They also had a victory again, Tamaqua with the score of 23-7. Last year, the varsity team had a record of seven wins to three losses.

This year will be the last year for many great stars on the team such as Kevin Vitti and Robbie Geisinger. Though it would be their final year at Jim Thorpe, they are looking forward to many fulfilling years in college. Over the summer, the football team practiced every day for many hours, doing rigorous training exercises. They also had to attend weightlifting. Some still do to stay in tip top shape for the season.

I talked to a football player who wished to be left as anonymous about the training. He said, “The training was long and it got tougher each day, but it was all worth it in the end.”

Even though it may be early in the season, it is looking good for these young stars. So far, there has not been one loss for the Jim Thorpe Olympians.

I spoke to Jacob Lippincott about his predictions about the game and future of the team. He said, “I haven’t been to every game, only two, but from what I have seen I believe our team will make it as far as possible, and I believe at least one player, if not more, will get a college scholarship, my guess is Kevin Vitti.”

From the guesses of the students, parents, and teachers, it looks like this year will be very successful for the Jim Thorpe High School team this year.

Be the first to comment on "Football Friday"