Classical music review

photo-on-10-5-16-at-11-14-pm

When most people think of classical music, they mostly think of Beethoven or Mozart. In general, they think more orchestra type music with a group of people playing instruments. Rarely, do we ever think, some of the artists we listen to are classical musicians. Including, if they are singers who play instruments.

Lindsey Stirling

First, let’s start off with a person who started her music career on YouTube in 2007. Even though her music might sound like electric or dance, she is actually classical. She is a more modern classical artist, going more into dubstep like, Zedd, Skrilles and Nervo. I think she’s really good at what she does for the fact she makes classical music more interesting. Even though, to me, it is already interesting. I’ve heard her album Shatter Me, which had a song with Izzy Hale from the band Halestorm called Shatter Me. I like how she can compose and bring more powerful meanings along with showing strong emotion with each chord she plays. If you like dubstep, then you should try out her music.

“Classical music is orderly and at the same time full of all types of emotion,” said Mrs. Strauss, a paraprofessional at the high school.

Sometimes, classical music is not just for peaceful things, for example; video games, movies, and other forms of media.

Taylor Davis

This artist is known for her covers of music from video games, that she performed on YouTube.  When listening to her music one can definitely tell she is a classical artist. Her music is more for movies and such, rather than anything else. Her original music is very well done with how she can create a song from someone else’s ideas. In this sense, I don’t mean plagiarism; I mean like her song Duel of the Fates which is ether from Star Wars or inspired from Star Wars. She is another one who is more passionate with what she does. In my own opinion, for a person who composes music for video games, she does it very well.

“I prefer old over modern classical music,” said Mrs. Schlecht, library paraprofessional at the high school.

Not all classical musicians play only one instrument.

Tori Amos

Last, Tori Amos may not be exactly looked as a classical artist, but she is classically trained. This meaning, she most likely started with classical instruments. She also sings and plays the piano. It’s interesting how she both sings and plays her own music. Even though she’s a soft singer, her songs have a sweet melody that’ll make anyone at least hum to them. The lyrics, in my opinion, are different, unique, and her title of her song Snow Carries from France should prove it. Mostly mixed with alternative rock, her sound is sort of like Fiona Apple, Alanis Morissette, and Bjork.

“Classical music is a term given to a time period (1750-1820) in which western music was composed,” said Mr. Flowers, high school music teacher and band director.

In general, it doesn’t matter if classical singers and/or composers are featured on YouTube, video games, or the like. Classical music is all around us.

Be the first to comment on "Classical music review"