Chorus fundraiser

Fundraisers are a great way to raise money for an organization, project, or anything really. It is not unusual to see someone carrying around a box of chocolate to sell. The High school chorus has been fundraising for three weeks now, busy trying to raise money for their music department. If you see someone carrying a box of The World’s Finest Chocolate, buy some!

“The Chorus is raising money toward new folders and equipment we need, and also a possible trip to Broadway, or Penn State to see a musical. The money keeps rolling in more and more every day, but so far we’ve raised about $600.00! We’re hoping to raise another thousand,” says Mrs. Marciante, the chorus director here at Jim Thorpe High School.

“World’s Finest Chocolate is a great company! The reason I went with them is three-fold.  One – they have their own ten-acre plantation in the Caribbean. Then the raw material is shipped to the US for manufacturing and distribution – the entire production is USA made, from the seed to the chocolate bars, to the wrappers.  Supporting this kind of business is very important to me. Two – it’s gluten AND peanut free!  So many people have issues – from annoying intolerances to devastating allergies – I thought it was important to sell a product everyone could enjoy.  Three – I like the product. I know they are $2.00 bars, but you’re getting twice the chocolate AND a coupon use for all kinds of restaurants and businesses across the country! That’s a deal, if you ask me!”

It seems like everyone is excited for the new possibilities that this fundraiser brings to us.

“I think that the fundraiser is a good way for us to raise money to get out ourselves out there on trips, and see what we really can do with music,” Sam Sterner, a junior says. “We, as a chorus, have always wanted a trip to ourselves, and now that we have the opportunity to as well as get better things for our group is really promising and exciting.”

Be the first to comment on "Chorus fundraiser"