A day in the life of a cafeteria worker

by Daniel Diaz and Preston Lawrence

Mrs. Putt, a member of the cafeteria staff, who works in the high school cafeteria, works every week day in the concession stand selling snacks, such as cookies, chips, pretzels, and drinks. She loves to work at the concession stand and meet new students everyday.

Mrs. Putt’s day starts in the morning. She says, “My day begins by making pizzas. My favorite pizza to prepare is the Buffalo Chicken pizza.”

There are many tasks to be completed in order for students and staff to have lunch while at school. During the day, Mrs. Putt gets to work with the staff and then has a break at the end of C lunch. Then at the end of the day, she gets to clean up and get everything ready for the next day at the cafeteria.

“During the lunches I take care of the students snack needs,” said Mrs. Putt.

Mrs. Putt treats students with respect and enjoys offering students snacks like her cookies, churros, pretzels, donuts, and drinks. She really enjoys working at the  concession stand, she likes talking to students and teachers during lunch.

“I love everything about my job, who wouldn’t?  The kids are always kind, some are very funny, and some love drama,” said Mrs. Putt.

Mrs. Putt used to work as a manager at a restaurant until she had a child. She could not work there anymore. She moved on to become a cafeteria member, and work with the kids. She loves music: mostly classic rock.

“My music taste varies. I like everything from The Grateful Dead, AC/DC, Yes, Pink Floyd. I like reggae music as well as music from the 80s and classical music,” said Mrs. Putt.

Overall, Mrs. Putt is a very interesting lady who loves to have fun at the job. In her free time, she enjoys music. Her likes include: soccer, things related to the ocean, and palms trees.

Be the first to comment on "A day in the life of a cafeteria worker"