The experience of winter fest

The Winter Fest takes place in Jim Thorpe, Pennsylvania. The festival occurs around mid- February each year. The annual celebration includes train rides, ice sculptures, wood carvings, live entertainment, and shopping at local stores.

“I thoroughly enjoyed the festival. I had a fun time with family, and I saw a few of my friends as well,” said Mark Hufnagle, resident of Jim Thorpe.

The festival is a great place to bring family and friends. There are fun activities to participate in too, the mug walk is one of them.

“The festival was crowded, but not to the point where it wasn’t enjoyable to be there. If you are someone who doesn’t enjoy crowds, then the festival isn’t for you. If you enjoy socializing and meeting new people, then I do recommend it,” said Hufnagle.

The festival also provides live music in the center of the town for people who attend that just want to sit back and relax and enjoy the scenery.

“Honestly, there wasn’t a favorite part, it just seemed like the town hyped it up to drive in tourists. I still enjoyed it though,” said Hufnagle.

The festival drew a large variety of both locals and tourists. This is a way for people who attend the festival to meet new people, and enjoy a nice day out on the town with neighbors.

“Some events are geared towards children, but most of them are for adults,” said Hufnagle.

One of the main attractions for the festival is the local train ride. The train ride runs all year long, and is available to ride every festival. It is a good way to relax and enjoy the nature aspect of the town, with family. The train ride takes riders through the Lehigh Gorge. Riders of the train get to experience the view of the river and the beautiful mountains that surround the town.

About the Author

alanawolfinger
Alana Wolfinger, 15, Lives in Jim Thorpe, Pennsylvania, and is a Freshman at Jim Thorpe Area High School. She is on the girls high school soccer team, and enjoys playing. She wants to go to college in New York, and eventually become a writer.

Be the first to comment on "The experience of winter fest"