A favorite teacher at JTHS

Mrs. Rosenberger is a teacher at Jim Thorpe Area High School. She teaches twelfth grade English, both regular and applied. She also teaches Olympian Success, Intro to Drama, and Advanced Drama (Drama 2). She is also part of a few curricular and extracurricular groups at JTHS.

Teaching high school and being a full time mom makes for a full schedule. To relax, Mrs. Rosenberger has a few routines.

“Relaxing after a long day is hard sometimes.  I have a lot of duties as a full time working mom.  However, I do love my white fuzzy blanket and in the winter time I hibernate under that in my favorite chair near our fireplace.  I usually take a cat nap, too if I just need to shut down.  If the weather is nice though, a walk to get some fresh air always makes me feel relaxed,” Mrs. Rosenberger stated.

Mrs. Rosenberger helps her students in every situation and guides them to do the right thing. She helps her students excel both within and outside of the community.

“I love to teach literature, but I really feel I am most in my groove with speech class.  I love empowering students to overcome the fears of a podium and to learn to speak with confidence,” Rosenberger said.

As a Drama teacher, she teaches her drama students how to act onstage through their own creations, and through already written works of drama.

“Drama class is always fun for me.  We get to practice scenes, dress up in costumes, and perform on stage,” Rosenberger said.

Her role in clubs such as Student Forum helps to show what she, and other teachers, can do to help improve the learning environment. Lots of students look up to Mrs. Rosenberger as an idol. She loves the beach and anything within that environment.

“Coolest thing about me…I’m not sure if my own children would agree with my ideas, but I am left handed, I completed the Tour de Shore charity biking event (65 miles of biking) a few years ago, I am the first in my family to earn Bachelors and Masters degrees and I am a devote lover of yoga.  I am extremely loyal, too.  If I love you, I love you for life,” Rosenberger explains.

She also enjoys to do a lot of activities in the surrounding community over the summer. Learning more about her is exciting.

“My favorite things to do in the summer include: traveling, relaxing by camp fires, hanging out on the beach, hiking the trails in our area, and staying up late to read or binge Netflix seasons of shows,” Rosenberger said.

Mrs. Rosenberger has many favorite foods, but if she had to pick one food, it would be chocolate.

About the Author

18noel
Noel Gablick, 18, lives in Jim Thorpe, Pennsylvania, and is a senior at Jim Thorpe Area Senior High School. She is a part of The Olympiad and involved in Glee Club and Chorus, since she enjoys to sing. After high school, Noel is going to attend Lehigh Carbon Community College. Later on, she will be attending DeSales Univerity as a transfer student so she can one day become a Kindergarten teacher.

Be the first to comment on "A favorite teacher at JTHS"