Movie review

Justin Baldoni created a new movie called Five Feet Apart. It stars Cole Sprouse and Haley Lu Richardson. It is a heartwarming movie about two patients who are sick and are destined to be together, but can never touch because of the others disease. They spend months trying to maneuver around the sickness just to be with each other, even if it would only be for seconds.

Seventeen year old Stella spends most of her life in the hospital due to cystic fibrosis. Her life is full of routines, boundaries, and self control; all of which get put to the test when she meets Will.

“My favorite character in the movie would have to be Stella, because I liked how her character developed throughout the movie,” said Eden Evans, freshman.

People with cystic fibrosis have to stay a good six feet apart at all times to lower the risk of cross infection.

Five Feet Apart came out on March 15, 2019, and already has the best reviews.

“Originally the movie came out on March 15, but I went to go see it on March 18,” said Evans.

“The setting of the movie is set in a hospital,” said Evans.

Five Feet Apart had two filming locations; New Orleans and Louisiana.

“My favorite character in the movie was Will. He had such a sweet side to him and I really liked that about him,” said Madison Lange, freshman.

The main purpose of the movie is Stella trying to get Will to rediscover hope.

“I really liked this movie, the layout, the scenery, etc,” said Evans.

Five Feet Apart is both beautiful and hopeful, problematic and tragic, especially for young viewers.

About the Author

alyssaalvarado04
Alyssa Alvarado, 14, lives in Albrightsville, Pennsylvania, and is a freshman at Jim Thorpe Area Senior High School. She is part of The Olympiad. Alyssa hopes to attend Penn State University when she is older to become a teacher.

Be the first to comment on "Movie review"