Penn Kidder vs. L.B. -rock paper scissors

by Emma Dunbar, Reporter

The popular game for children, rock paper scissors, has Jim Thorpe students in disagreement. It seems to be that the school is divided on this topic. Every high school student who went to elementary school at the Penn Kidder Campus plays the game saying “rock, paper, scissors, says shoot.” However, the students who attendend the L.B. Morris Elementary School think the right way to say it is’ “rock, paper, scissors, shoot.”

“Growing up playing this game, I don’t think I have ever heard someone say “says” until I became friends with some people who went to Penn Kidder. Now in high school it’s all divided,” says Junior, Mackenzie Rosenberger.

Penn Kidder graduate, and Junior, Tirrell George says that “shoot” is the only correct way to play this game. “Not saying shoot even sounds weird to me. I can’t believe they’ve been playing like that this whole time.”

Surveying six students, three from L.B and three from Penn Kidder, the results were mostly split. Two Penn Kidder students said “says” is right. Two L.B students said the other way is correct. Only one student was different from Penn Kidder. These results show that the school is divided on the rules of rock paper scissors.

Be the first to comment on "Penn Kidder vs. L.B. -rock paper scissors"