Canteen

by Dylan Saunders, reporter

At Friday night football games, the canteen is the place to get the good stuff. The canteen is a very beneficial thing for the senior class. Seniors work the canteen and get payed by a reduction for prom tickets. All of the proceeds of canteen go to the senior class.

Canteen is the one of the most monetary gaining fundraisers for teh senior class.

Senior Sam Gilkes loves working canteen.  He said, “It’s a great atmosphere and I enjoy the free food at the end.”

Canteen averages on raising over half of the money for the senior class to enjoy. Most of the money that the senior class gets from the canteen will go towards a memorable prom.

Senior, Cara Williams says, “Canteen is actually really fun even though it can be overwhelming.”

Some may say that it is boring or that it is upsetting because those working may miss the game, but the students work with their best of friends and they are all are there to better each others’ senior year.

All of the students and faculty involved donate their time to benefit the senior class. Parents and faculty help the canteen, but it is primarily made up of the Senior Class of 2015.

About the Author

dylansaunders
My name is Dylan Thomas Saunders. I am a 17 year old senior at the Jim Thorpe Area High School. I enjoy playing different types of sports.

Be the first to comment on "Canteen"