How to deal with the stress of schoolwork and midterms

As midterms draw closer, teachers are giving more homework assignments to better prepare their students. How will the students cope with the stress?

“Utilize PODs,” freshman Kaylyn Joseph says, “It’s easier to do some of the work in school when you have the opportunity to, than to do it all at home. As a student, I feel like it’s easier to tackle the work as a whole in small bits when I can, rather than let it pile up and overwhelm me. And don’t be afraid to ask your friends for help, and go to your teachers if you need it.”

This mindset is smart, and even teachers agree. Students need better time management skills, and some believe that fact more strongly than others.

“I always try to suggest to my students to begin preparing early for exams,” Mr. Pascoe, a science teacher at the high school, says, “Human nature always seems to put it off until the very last minute. I feel the earlier you start to prepare, the better you will be prepared, which should result in less stress. Too many kids suffer from task avoidance today and that unfortunately leads them to being unprepared, which is a bad habit to get into, both in school and life.”

Teachers and students both agree – don’t put things off, do things as soon as possible. Make good use of PODs, buckle down and finish your homework, and never forget to study. Don’t be scared to go to peer tutoring, and you can even ask your parents for help. People who want to succeed study, and aren’t afraid to get help from their peers.

Be the first to comment on "How to deal with the stress of schoolwork and midterms"